Randy John Charged For Teen Murder

Less than 24 hours after the body of 16-year old Queenette Johnson was discovered underneath an unoccupied dwelling house at Charlotte Vale in St. David, police were able to apprehend 20-year old Randy John for the murder.

20-year old Randy John – could face life imprisonment if convicted of murder

The Construction Worker of Epping Forest, St. David appeared before the St. David Magistrate Court on Monday and has been remanded to the Richmond Hill Prison on an indictable Capital Murder charge.

A maintenance worker was the one who discovered the body of Johnson who lived at Belle Vue, St. David when he went to the house to do some debushing during the early morning hours of the Thanksgiving holiday last week Thursday.

Police investigators suspect that the teenager, who is a drop-out from St. Joseph’s Convent, St. George’s died from suffocation sometime between the days of October 19 and 20.

An autopsy conducted Sunday on the remains of the deceased revealed she died as a result of asphyxiation.

John has reportedly “confessed” in a statement solicited by the Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) that he knew about the death.

Well-placed sources told THE NEW TODAY that officers attached to the Criminal Investigation Department of the Police Force were able to get an early lead into the killing from a neighbour in the area.

A source who spoke on condition that he was not identified said that “the informant” told the police that a bus had dropped off two persons in close proximity to the house at night and the lawmen were able to get in touch with the driver of the vehicle.

According to the source, the driver indicated that he was hired by the suspect to drop he and a female companion in the area.“The (suspect) said that the girl was his girlfriend and they went below the house to have sex and while down dey they had a quarrel and a scuffle. He said that she got unconscious and he left to go and get some water to see if he could revive her”, said the source.

John allegedly panicked and fled the crime scene.

Disorientated by the turn of events, family members of both the deceased and the murder accused flocked the court compound as John made his first appearance before Magistrate Karen Noel at the St. David’s Magistrate’s Court.

Queenette Johnson – her partially decomposed body was discovered under a dwelling house at Charlotte Vale

He remained calm and composed as the charge was read out to him by the Magistrate who remanded him to the Richmond Hill Prison until November 19 for Mention and then back to court on November 23, when the witnesses in the case are expected to be present in court.

John faces a maximum penalty of life imprisonment if convicted of Johnson’s murder.

The Social Media networks were alive with comments about the character of the deceased teenager with most of them painting a disturbing picture about her.

The grieving mother spoke briefly with THE NEW TODAY on Monday and brushed aside the attempt to paint her daughter as a bad little girl.

“I know people are saying a lot of things but don’t believe them, believe me…my daughter was a very, very nice person,” she said, before stepping into a waiting vehicle packed with relatives who just wanted to leave the court compound immediately after the hearing.

Despite her grief, the mother of the deceased expressed gratitude to the police for their swift apprehension of the suspect in her daughter’s death.

“It is not a nice thing to have to bury my daughter who died in this manner,” she said.

The mother of the murder accused, who is also saddened by the turn of events, told the media that she tried reaching out to the mother of the deceased on Monday to extend her sympathies for the tragedy.

However, the grieving mother of the deceased, who was at the time surrounded by family members told her to wait but never got back in touch with her.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.