Belmont man remanded on indictable grievous harm charge

39-year-old Andy Patterson of Belmont has been remanded to the Richmond Hill Prison on an indictable Grievous Harm charge while his victim was left nursing injury wounds at the St. George’s General Hospital.

Andy Patterson – is remanded to prison on Grievous Harm charge

The two were engaged in a physical altercation in the Town of St. George on September 29.

Patterson, a construction worker, was arrested and charged and taken before Chief Magistrate Tamara Gill last week Tuesday at the St. George’s No.1 Magistrate’s Court for inflicting several knife wounds to the body of Lindon Maitland.

Information reaching THE NEW TODAY is that Patterson was spotted by a patrol officer in pursuit of the victim with a knife in his hand just around 3:15 p.m. last week Saturday in front of the St. George’s Bus Terminus in the Melville street area.

Patterson was seen with a red substance resembling blood on his clothing and body, when the police officer, who gave chase finally caught up with him.

The alleged perpetrator has retained the services of female attorney-at-law, Sherrine Francis-Hackett, who was unsuccessful in her attempts to secure bail on his behalf.

The Police Prosecution team, led by Corporal 147 Kerry Swan, strongly objected to bail for the accused, pointing to his previous record of 19 convictions including Dangerous Harm and Robbery with Violence.

Attorney Sherrine Francis-Hackett

It was the defense attorney’s argument that those convictions date back to seven years and while the court should not disregard them, they should not use them as a reason to not grant bail.

The Attorney Hackett informed the court that her client resides with his ailing father and needed to be there to take care of him.

She also argued that he is not a flight risk and was willing to surrender his travel documents and abide by any order given by the court.

However, after listening to the arguments put forward by both sides, Magistrate Gill took the decision to deny bail and remanded Patterson to prison until October 30.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.