Franklyn St. Paul PI continues

Two more witnesses have been called to give evidence as the Preliminary Inquiry into the death of 83-year-old businessman Franklyn St. Paul, continued last week Thursday, before Chief Magistrate Tamara Gill, at the St. George’s No. 1 Magistrate’s Court.

Michael Mc Queen – facing an indictable Non-Capital Murder Charge for the death of 83-year-old Franklyn St. Paul

A 53-year-old Security Officer of Grand Anse Valley, Michael Mc Queen, is facing an indictable charge of Non-Capital Murder in connection with the December 30, 2017 death of the senior citizen.

The Prosecution, which is being led by Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Christopher Nelson QC, has a list of 6 witnesses to support its case against Mc Queen.

The DPP, who had already taken evidence from a police officer, when the PI commenced earlier this year, took evidence last week Friday from the pathologist, who performed the autopsy on St. Paul’s body and the Radiologist, who would have reviewed the medical reports of the deceased.

The chief state prosecutor has indicated that 3 more witnesses will give evidence – a medical doctor, a civilian and a police officer.

The charge against Mc Queen arose out of an altercation that occurred on October 15, 2017, during which it is alleged that he assaulted St. Paul on his property at Greystones in Belmont, St. George.

The businessman sustained blunt force trauma to his forehead and face after being struck and was later admitted at the St. George’s General Hospital as a patient.

THE NEW TODAY understands that Mc Queen was allegedly allowed to live on the property owned by the businessman who is a brother of retired High Court Judge, Justice Lyle St. Paul.

Initially, the police slapped a charge of wounding on Mc Queen but it was upgraded to murder following St. Paul’s death.

The elderly man was treated at the hospital and discharged following the blow to the head but was subsequently readmitted to the institution after sustaining a fall at his home.

St. Paul reportedly died days later as a result of the severe head injuries sustained.

His death led to a full investigation into the October 15 incident at Greystones, which resulted in Mc Queen being re-arrested and charged with the indictable Non-Capital murder.

Mc Queen has retained the services of Attorney-at-Law Jerry Edwin to assist him in the PI, which will determine if there is enough evidence for the accused to stand trial at the level of the High Court.

The PI matter was expected to continue yesterday (Thursday, June 7).

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.