Murray charged with stealing

A St. George’s Magistrate’s Court will have to decide whether or not a misdemeanor was committed by Sales Agent Daniel Murray.

The 31-year old Sales and Marketing Manager of Dudmar, St. David’s is accused of stealing by reason of employment $5,000 sometime between September 25th 2015 and April 25th 2016 at Morne Rouge, St. George’s, the property of the Grenada Trade Centre at Grand Anse, St. George’s.

Murray who was charged on Friday was brought to court before Chief Magistrate, Her Honour Tamara Gill on Tuesday at the St. George’s No.1 Magistrate’s Court.

Police Prosecutor, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Godfrey Victor did not object to bail being granted to the accused.

He said his only concern is how the accused man was allowed to collect money for the company with which he was working.

It is alleged that Murray was receiving cheques written in his name and placed into an account which he opened.

The Police Prosecutor claimed that the cheques should have been written in the company’s name.

However, Defense Counsel Francis Paul who is representing Murray informed the court that his client insists that at no time was he ever employed with Grenada Trades Centre and there is no written agreement to this effect.

Paul said the reason why his client was collecting cheques written in his name is because he does not have access to the company’s account.

However, this was disputed by the lead Police Investigator, Detective Constable Delroy Calliste who informed the court that it is a joint account to which both Murray and Martin Bedeau have access.

The Police Detective also said all cheques had to be written in the name of the company, but it was not done so.

The court also learnt that Murray opened his own company sometime during the month of March, using the same company’s products.

Attorney Paul gave the court the assurance that his client will wait until the court matter is concluded before proceeding to collect other monies.

The name of the controversial “Captain Harris” is one of the persons the court was informed made a payment to Murray.

The Police Prosecution Department produced a cheque that was recovered from Murray dated May 10th in the sum of $1,700.

Murray was granted bail in the sum of $50,000 with two sureties.

He is due back in court on July 12.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.