Unfortunate deaths over the Yuletide season

The Yuletide season has been a sad one for some family members especially those related to 20-year old Kemron Peters who was found hanging inside a police station three days after Christmas.

Kemron Peters was found hanging in Cell at Criminal Investigation Department (CID)

Kemron Peters was found hanging in Cell at Criminal Investigation Department (CID)

Peters who is originally from La Tante in St David but resided at River Road in St George, was found hanging in a detention room at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) on December 28.

A police report said that the deceased who was a bus conductor by profession was detained at the bus terminal on Melville Street and taken to CID for questioning in relation to some criminal offences.

THE NEW TODAY understands that Peters was brought in around 2.00 p.m on the day in question and placed in a detention room where he was to be questioned.

According to a police insider, the deceased seemed to be in good spirits and was exchanging pleasant words with one of the officers on duty.

He said the officer left the area and returned about 20 minutes later only to discover that the door was locked from inside and he could not gain entry.

He spoke of the officers managing to get into the room only to discover that the detained man had allegedly hanged himself.

Head of Community Relations Department within the Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF), Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sylvan McIntyre told the media that the deceased was alone in the room at the time of the incident.

Kenril Baptiste was found dead in his home

Kenril Baptiste was found dead in his home

A post-mortem was expected to be performed to determine cause of death.

This newspaper understands that distressed family members are seeking answers from the police as to what really happened to their loved one, as they do not believe he hanged himself.

In related news, 28-year old Kenril Baptiste, a resident of Brizan in St George was found dead in his home on December 27 after he was not seen for a number of days.

This newspaper understands that the police do not suspect foul play at this stage but a post-mortem has to be conducted to determine cause of death.

ASP McIntyre indicated that the autopsy will be performed as soon as possible.

“The police will be looking for anything that would be suspicious for areas of foul play and so far we cannot say that there is any indication of that until the post-mortem is given to us,” he remarked.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.