Murder Witness Killed

A key witness in a 2010 murder case in St. Patrick’s has been killed.

Leroy Alexander, a 54-year old construction worker of Caruth, St. Andrew’s was allegedly brutally attacked and killed by a group of young men last Saturday.

Alexander received several stab wounds and lacerations to various parts of his body including the right arm and torso (chest) area.

He was rushed to the Princess Alice Hospital at Mirabeau St. Andrew’s, where he succumbed to his injuries, and was pronounced dead by the District Medical Officer.

The incident emanated from an altercation Alexander had with a group of young men during the wee hours of Saturday (June 22) at an entertainment place at La Fillette St. Andrew’s, which is known as “The Frying Pan.”

Homicide Police Officers from the main office of the Criminal Investigation Department in St. George’s had to travel to St. Andrew’s over the weekend to assist their junior counterparts who are stationed there with the murder investigation.

Five young men whose age range between 21 and 26 have been arrested and charged with non-capital murder by unlawfully and intentionally causing the death of Alexander.

The men who are from Mt. Horne, St. Andrew’s, Glendon Noel 21-year old, Reggie Noel 22-year old farmer and Michael Murray, another 22-year old, and Kevon Charles and Leroy Cambridge, both of whom are 26-years old appeared at the Sauteurs Magistrate’s Court in St. Patrick’s on Wednesday.

A resident of Mt. Horne described the young men as not having parental guidance and having a history of displaying ruthless behaviour over the years.

It is alleged that the men accepted a job to get rid of Alexander who participated in transporting the remains of murder-victim Michael Raeburn-Delfish of Madeys, St. Patrick’s.

After reportedly being missing for about ten days, the dismembered human remains of the 52-year old businessman was unearthed on September 5, 2010, in a cultivated plot of land in Chantimelle, St. Patrick’s

Police believe that Raeburn-Delfish’s body was chain-sawed in order to help disfigure it before it was placed in the shallow grave.

On August 30, the lawmen had issued a missing-person bulletin about the dreadlocks businessman who was the owner of the popular nightclub, “Club 54,” advising the nation that he was last seen on August 25, 2010.

A charge of murder was laid on 55-year old Ronald De Allie, alias Duck of Chantimelle, St. Patrick’s.

De Allie has already been committed to stand trial for murder.


Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.