PI in Akera’s murder case delayed until September

Murder-accused John Redhead – to be back in court on Sept. 7

Homicide officers are still continuing investigations into the brutal death of Akera Lalgie of Bay Road, Upper La Tante, St. David’s who was allegedly murdered late last month by her boyfriend, John Redhead.

Police Prosecutor Kerry Swan told the St. George’s Number Two Magistrate’s Court that the Preliminary Inquiry into the murder case cannot start since there are two outstanding statements to be made available to the Prosecution.

He made the disclosure last Monday during the court appearance of Redhead, a school teacher for the start of the PI.

Swan is hopeful that by Redhead’s next court appearance on September 7 all of the statements would have been collected and the inquiry can then start.

The Police Prosecutor informed the court that he is in discussion with defense attorney, Ruggles Ferguson of Ciboney Chambers about adopting a particular course in the matter.
The murder charge was read to Redhead for the first time by the presiding magistrate, Karen Noel.

It indicated that between Wednesday, July 25 and Thursday, July 26 at Simon’s Alley in the Town of St. George that Redhead committed murder by intentionally causing the death of 19-year old Akera Lalgie by unlawful harm.

Akera Lalgie – finally being laid to rest next week

The torso of Lalgie’s body was found on July 26 in a plastic garbage bag inside of a large shopping bag with its head, arms and legs missing by a homeless man who was in search of food.

The discovery was made just moments before Rainbow Janitorial Service came around to make its regular garbage collection for the day.

The lawmen are yet to recover the head and both hands although Lalgie is due to be buried next week Thursday.

An intensive search at the Perseverance Landfill by police officers two days after the gruesome recovery of Lalgie’s dismembered body yielded two thighs, which were believed to be that of the murdered young lady.

Four days later, a black garbage bag containing the decomposed remains of human feet was found behind a ten-feet wall opposite the building which once housed the main office of GRENSURE on Scott Street, St. George’s.

Vicki-Ann Lalgie, mother of the dead woman who identified the remains of her daughter at a Funeral Home in St. George’s broke down in tears as the 23-year old Redhead was brought inside of the courtroom.

She eventually had to be removed from the courthouse as she came face to face with the accused man for the first time since the incident and could not control her emotions.
Five of the seven prosecution witnesses for the case were present in court.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.