Donnell Best, a 20-year-old graduate of TAMCC, was recently accepted by the Berklee College of Music in Boston USA. Donnell is the first Grenadian violinist to be accepted by a world class music school.
Berklee is famous for producing more Grammy winners than any other music school, and for having more graduates work in the music field.
The application and audition process is highly competitive. Donnell will study every aspect of music, from technique to performance to sound technology.
Donnell has studied violin and voice in Grenada for the past 5 years. He is the teaching assistant for Island Violin Studio in Sans Souci. He plays professionally with various groups at the National Stadium, Spice Basket, hotels, restaurants and weddings.
Several weeks ago, he earned the title of People’s Choice at Grenada’s Best Talent competition.
There will be a send-off show, “D. Best of Friends”, for Donnell on Friday (June 29) at the Spice Basket at 8.00 p.m. to raise funds for his tuition.
The show will highlight Donnell’s fabulous violin and voice talents in many configurations, and will feature top local musicans such as Aiden Slinger, Cecil Bartholomew and Ketura George, winner of Grenada’s Best Talent, who will bring members of the Police Band with her.
There will be pan music, East Indian music, and dancers in what promises to be a highly entertaining evening. Advance tickets are $30. Please call 420-2825 for more information.
- Pure Grenada bans the importation of Styrofoam Pure Grenada, the Spice of the Caribbean, is making a major shift to ensure that its natural » more
- Bowen: Expect price increase in petroleum products due to closure of T&T’s Petrotrin Consumers in Grenada and other parts of the » more
- Supt Joseph takes Jerry Seales to Court for $10,000 Retired Magistrate Jerry Seales is being pursued in the local high court for over $10, 000.00 » more
- Silver Sands backs down on Propane tanks issue It’s a victory for the owner and operator of the Kids R Wonderful Daycare and Pre-school, Michelle » more
- Commissioner Rupert Agostini recluse from MNIB Investigation Accountant Rupert Agostini, who is on record as the Auditor for the Marketing and » more
- US approve Visa renewal waiver for Grenada Prime Minister Dr. Keith Mitchell has welcomed the decision taken by the United States government of » more
- Grenade replaces Patrick Antoine Economist with the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), Dr. Kari Grenade has replaced Dr. Patrick Antoine as head of » more
- Prime Minister addresses littering at St. George’s Bus Terminus Prime Minister Dr. Keith Mitchell has expressed alarm over the “serious » more
- Physical Planning and Silver Sands agent discuss public concerns Officials from the Physical Planning Unit (PPU) within the Ministry of Finance met » more
- Franklyn gets the nod SpeedZone Track Club athlete, Jalani Franklyn has been elected to sit as the first athlete representative on the Executive » more
- House Speaker: Protest action by Tobias Clement was “improper and disrespectful” Speaker of the House of Representative, Michael Pierre has » more
- NAWASA upgrades water supply to Brooklyn residents The National Water and Sewerage Authority has expended approximately two hundred and fifty » more