Saturday 16th June, mirrored the excitement and jubilant energies at the Courts Young Street store, as was seen on 12th May, 2012, when Mothers got the chance to vie for the title of Courts Super Mom.
That Saturday saw six fathers compete for the title of Courts Super Dad. This competition came on the request of fathers asking for an activity for them, as it is often mentioned that there is always an event or activity for mothers but never for fathers.
The Courts OECS group listened to this request and decided to roll out a similar activity as was done for Mother’s Day.
The contestants were all given eight challenges. These included: dressing the baby, emptying the trash, assembling a product (Computer chair), painting, connecting a TV and DVD, playing the correct lullaby (choosing from three CDs), sorting out the laundry and making a sandwich. All of these activities had to be completed in 15 minutes.
The winner of the Super Dad Challenge was Nigel Moore, who completed his eight challenges in 12 mins 39 sec and accumulated a mass total of 184 points. Mr. Desmond Mitchell came in second and Mr. Arvon Lucas placed third.
Mr. Moore won $2000 cash and gave high praises to Courts for putting on the Super Dad Challenge and further stated that he is looking forward to more fun activities from Courts.
All participating fathers received prizes from Courts.
The Management and Staff of Courts Unicomer Grenada extend special thanks to all the fathers who participated and express their Congratulations to Mr. Nigel Moore.
(The above was submitted by Courts (G’da) Ltd)
- ESCAPED PRISONER STILL AT LARGE Police have mounted a massive manhunt for 35-year-old Hayden Phillip who escaped from the Richmond Hill Prison in » more
- Athletes paid, preparations underway for 2019 Grenada athletics meet One of the two remaining directors of Grenada Invitational Inc, Karline » more
- Pension engagement committee refers pension deadlock to Labour Commissioner Chairman of Government’s Pension Engagement Committee, Honourable » more
- An online platform for farmers and consumers An online link has been created to provide an avenue for farmers and potential consumers to connect in » more
- STABBED TO DEATH!!! Grenada recorded its first murder for 2019 with Friday night’s slaying of 33-year-old Mt. Rush resident, Garvin Anthony, who » more
- Over half a million visitors to Grenada in 2018 It’s being billed as a significant milestone in Grenada’s tourism history as the Grenada Tourism » more
- The Solid Waste contracts Speculation is rife that the state-owned Grenada Solid Waste Management Authority (GSWMA) is handing out contracts worth » more
- ATTORNEY ARLEY GILL NAMED NEW CARICOM AMBASSADOR The Keith Mitchell-led government has named former government minister and practicing » more
- First ever newsletter from the PWU The phrase “From the horse’s mouth” has now become a tangible item from the Public Worker’s Union (PWU) » more
- Prediction of severe dry season A local pastor has warned that Grenada is heading into a very long dry season in the coming months and the people » more
- WOMAN CHARGED FOR STEALING WINNING LOTTO TICKET A St. Mark woman, who allegedly stole a winning lottery ticket for $10, 200, has been placed on » more
- GUT taking Mitchell government to Court on pension dispute Following a meeting with its membership last week, the Grenada Union of Teachers (GUT) » more