Saturday 16th June, mirrored the excitement and jubilant energies at the Courts Young Street store, as was seen on 12th May, 2012, when Mothers got the chance to vie for the title of Courts Super Mom.
That Saturday saw six fathers compete for the title of Courts Super Dad. This competition came on the request of fathers asking for an activity for them, as it is often mentioned that there is always an event or activity for mothers but never for fathers.
The Courts OECS group listened to this request and decided to roll out a similar activity as was done for Mother’s Day.
The contestants were all given eight challenges. These included: dressing the baby, emptying the trash, assembling a product (Computer chair), painting, connecting a TV and DVD, playing the correct lullaby (choosing from three CDs), sorting out the laundry and making a sandwich. All of these activities had to be completed in 15 minutes.
The winner of the Super Dad Challenge was Nigel Moore, who completed his eight challenges in 12 mins 39 sec and accumulated a mass total of 184 points. Mr. Desmond Mitchell came in second and Mr. Arvon Lucas placed third.
Mr. Moore won $2000 cash and gave high praises to Courts for putting on the Super Dad Challenge and further stated that he is looking forward to more fun activities from Courts.
All participating fathers received prizes from Courts.
The Management and Staff of Courts Unicomer Grenada extend special thanks to all the fathers who participated and express their Congratulations to Mr. Nigel Moore.
(The above was submitted by Courts (G’da) Ltd)
- Pure Grenada bans the importation of Styrofoam Pure Grenada, the Spice of the Caribbean, is making a major shift to ensure that its natural » more
- Bowen: Expect price increase in petroleum products due to closure of T&T’s Petrotrin Consumers in Grenada and other parts of the » more
- Supt Joseph takes Jerry Seales to Court for $10,000 Retired Magistrate Jerry Seales is being pursued in the local high court for over $10, 000.00 » more
- Silver Sands backs down on Propane tanks issue It’s a victory for the owner and operator of the Kids R Wonderful Daycare and Pre-school, Michelle » more
- Commissioner Rupert Agostini recluse from MNIB Investigation Accountant Rupert Agostini, who is on record as the Auditor for the Marketing and » more
- US approve Visa renewal waiver for Grenada Prime Minister Dr. Keith Mitchell has welcomed the decision taken by the United States government of » more
- Grenade replaces Patrick Antoine Economist with the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), Dr. Kari Grenade has replaced Dr. Patrick Antoine as head of » more
- Prime Minister addresses littering at St. George’s Bus Terminus Prime Minister Dr. Keith Mitchell has expressed alarm over the “serious » more
- Physical Planning and Silver Sands agent discuss public concerns Officials from the Physical Planning Unit (PPU) within the Ministry of Finance met » more
- Franklyn gets the nod SpeedZone Track Club athlete, Jalani Franklyn has been elected to sit as the first athlete representative on the Executive » more
- House Speaker: Protest action by Tobias Clement was “improper and disrespectful” Speaker of the House of Representative, Michael Pierre has » more
- NAWASA upgrades water supply to Brooklyn residents The National Water and Sewerage Authority has expended approximately two hundred and fifty » more