Police are baffled over the reason why a school teacher would have wanted to take her own life last Sunday.
THE NEW TODAY Newspaper has been reliably informed that the 26-year old female teacher is warded at the General Hospital in St. George’s after consuming a non-prescribed substance.
An authoritative source said the young lady who resides at Mont Toute, St. George’s allegedly mixed sevins powder in a glass that contained rum and coca-cola.
The source who does not wish to be identified said the school teacher confessed to the medical staff at the hospital that after mixing the substance with the rum and coke she drank two mouthfuls.
Shortly after consuming the mixture the Mont Toute resident started experiencing blurriness in her vision and was rushed to the hospital after calling out for help.
The source said no reason was given for the schoolteacher’s action.
Police are treating the matter as a case of attempted suicide. It is not clear whether the police might press charges against the individual.
Earlier this year another schoolteacher who resides at Mt. Carmel, St. Andrew’s attempted to take her life.
The 19-year old teacher tried to commit suicide by using a multi-coloured bedspread, which she tied to the roof of the house.
- Two fires at MNIB linked to corruption investigation!!! Two recent fires at premises owned by the state-controlled Marketing & National » more
- Murder PI for Francis Williams The Preliminary Inquiry (PI) into the March 24 stabbing death of Francis Williams, 61, of Beaton in St. David, » more
- JK Roberts advocates for a “No Vote” on CCJ Bill As Grenada makes a second attempt to get the electorate to say “yes” to the Trinidad-based, » more
Parliament passes Extradition Treaty Bill
Prime Minister and Minister of National Security, Dr. Keith Mitchell and Minister of Foreign Affairs, » more
- People’s Victory Over Silver Sands Hotel Developer Forced To Demolish Illegal Walls on Grand Anse Beach It’s being hailed as a People’s » more
- Ariza donates to GRENCODA Ariza, Grenada’s largest Credit Union is making another contribution to the development of youth and the community » more
New ambassadors to be appointed
The ruling New National Party (NNP) Government of Prime Minister Dr. Keith Mitchell is reportedly on the verge of » more
- THREE CHARGED FOR SEXUAL OFFENCES Within the last two weeks, three men, including the son of a top-ranking police officer have appeared in court for » more
- Media commended for exposing sad state of MNIB affairs Head of the Integrity Commission, Anande Trotman-Joseph has commended the local media and in » more
- New Law Year opens; negotiations for High Court facilities not yet finalized The Keith Mitchell-led government has located a building to house the » more
- Gov’t and GRENLEC urged to collaborate on promoting Solar Energy Executive Director of the New Life Organisation (NEWLO), Sister Margaret Yamoah » more
- GBN workers strike against General Manager A protest action that was taken by workers of one of the top media houses on the island is threatening » more