- American Airlines Group Inc. AAL It plans to suspend service to four U.S. cities from September. Cities will completely lose planned commercial flights. CNBC reported.
- AAL blamed service restrictions on regional pilot shortages. American Airlines further stated in that statement. United Airlines Holdings Inc. UALAnd Delta Airlines, Inc. DAL Has reduced service between several smaller cities and major centers, citing a shortage of pilots.
- Related: United States faces severe pilot shortage, search for solution: CNBC
- Cities include Toledo, Ohio; Islip, NY; Ithaca, NY and Dubuque, Iowa will lose American Airlines service on September 7 after Labor Day.
- “We will contact customers planning to travel after this date in advance to make alternative arrangements,” the statement said, citing American Airlines.
- Related: American Airlines’ regional pilots receive higher pay rises as competition heats up: CNBC
- American Airlines said flights would continue to operate at other airports 45 to 120 miles away.
- Price actionShares of AAL traded up 0.92% at $ 13.22 during the pre-market session on Thursday.
- Photo via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga did not offer investment advice. All rights reserved.
“Friend of animals everywhere. Coffee maven. Professional food trailblazer. Twitter buff.”