Fire on Grenville Street

The city of St. George’s had a near scare from a mid-day fire on Grenville Street on Wednesday.

The Electronic and TV repair store, operated by a Jamaican national, was badly affected by the fire

The Electronic and TV repair store, operated by a Jamaican national, was badly affected by the fire

Fire officers were called in to put out a fire that had engulfed a wooden building used by an electronic and TV repair shop on the upper floor and a small snack shop on the bottom section of the building.

THE NEW TODAY was alerted to the fire by an employee of a business store on the street.

A few persons believed to be employees of the two businesses were seen running to and from the building with items in their hands that they were seeking to secure.




The fire tender came on the scene of the fire about eight minutes after our News Team arrived and took almost five minutes to start spraying the fire.

The fire started to spread to the roof of a nearby building but was quickly put out by the firemen.

An eyewitness pointed this newspaper in the direction of a male person who was seen running from the back of the building where the fire started.

An individual was later seen being taken away by persons in plainclothes in a government pick-up van.

“I saw when one fellah was holding him by his collar as he took him away in the vehicle”, said another eyewitness.

At the time of going to press, THE NEW TODAY was not able to ascertain the cause of the fire.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.