Donnell Best, a 20-year-old graduate of TAMCC, was recently accepted by the Berklee College of Music in Boston USA. Donnell is the first Grenadian violinist to be accepted by a world class music school.
Berklee is famous for producing more Grammy winners than any other music school, and for having more graduates work in the music field.
The application and audition process is highly competitive. Donnell will study every aspect of music, from technique to performance to sound technology.
Donnell has studied violin and voice in Grenada for the past 5 years. He is the teaching assistant for Island Violin Studio in Sans Souci. He plays professionally with various groups at the National Stadium, Spice Basket, hotels, restaurants and weddings.
Several weeks ago, he earned the title of People’s Choice at Grenada’s Best Talent competition.
There will be a send-off show, “D. Best of Friends”, for Donnell on Friday (June 29) at the Spice Basket at 8.00 p.m. to raise funds for his tuition.
The show will highlight Donnell’s fabulous violin and voice talents in many configurations, and will feature top local musicans such as Aiden Slinger, Cecil Bartholomew and Ketura George, winner of Grenada’s Best Talent, who will bring members of the Police Band with her.
There will be pan music, East Indian music, and dancers in what promises to be a highly entertaining evening. Advance tickets are $30. Please call 420-2825 for more information.
- Steele’s Auto Supplies Co. Ltd. launches Jeep brand The Jeep brand of vehicle is the newest addition to the fleet of vehicles run by the » more
- DPP Nelson continues PI hearing against Insp. Clev Antoine The highly anticipated court matter into allegations of sexual assault against suspended » more
- HOT POLITICAL ISSUE – Relocation of the Grand Anse Jetty The relocation of the Grand Anse jetty is turning into a hot political issue with general » more
- Mixed performance by government on fiscal responsibility The Richard Duncan-led Fiscal Responsibility Committee set up by the ruling New National » more
- Local winner in Campari Trinidad carnival promotion Cherrelle Bain is the Grenada winner of the Campari promotional campaign – Win a Trip to » more
- Grenada government loses appeal in Rex Grenadian expropriation case The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court of Appeal has stalled the Keith Mitchell-led » more
- Rae Roberts: Workers need to be careful with the “election pie” on offer Former Labour Senator, Raymond Roberts, has exhorted workers on the » more
- An above average 2017 for RGPF The Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) has reported an above average year for Homicides in 2017 with eleven (11) » more
- Prime Minister Mitchell gives strong hint about election date Amidst calls by supporters of the ruling New National Party (NNP) for Prime Minister » more
- Clouden raises concerns over limited beach access Outspoken attorney-at-law, Anselm Clouden is calling for appropriate legislation to be passed in » more
- Sexual Assault on 6-year-old Girl An Apres Toute man, who is considered to be mentally unstable has been picked up by police for questioning in » more
- POLICE FORCE LEFT EMBARRASSED Teenager Charged With Impersonating a Police Officer And Working for Weeks Undetected at South St George Police » more