Donnell Best, a 20-year-old graduate of TAMCC, was recently accepted by the Berklee College of Music in Boston USA. Donnell is the first Grenadian violinist to be accepted by a world class music school.
Berklee is famous for producing more Grammy winners than any other music school, and for having more graduates work in the music field.
The application and audition process is highly competitive. Donnell will study every aspect of music, from technique to performance to sound technology.
Donnell has studied violin and voice in Grenada for the past 5 years. He is the teaching assistant for Island Violin Studio in Sans Souci. He plays professionally with various groups at the National Stadium, Spice Basket, hotels, restaurants and weddings.
Several weeks ago, he earned the title of People’s Choice at Grenada’s Best Talent competition.
There will be a send-off show, “D. Best of Friends”, for Donnell on Friday (June 29) at the Spice Basket at 8.00 p.m. to raise funds for his tuition.
The show will highlight Donnell’s fabulous violin and voice talents in many configurations, and will feature top local musicans such as Aiden Slinger, Cecil Bartholomew and Ketura George, winner of Grenada’s Best Talent, who will bring members of the Police Band with her.
There will be pan music, East Indian music, and dancers in what promises to be a highly entertaining evening. Advance tickets are $30. Please call 420-2825 for more information.
- Investigation announced for Panorama cancellation The Government of Grenada will launch an investigation into the circumstances which led to the » more
- Research training for Multi-Dimensional Poverty underway in the OECS Training seminars that build the capacity of public servants, and community » more
- Boyzie takes soca crown again to Sauteurs By Nisha Paul 24-year-old Jalon “Boyzie" Olive made history at the National Cricket Stadium last » more
- Dash retains national Groovy title Policeman Shondell “Dash” Amada has successfully retained the National Groovy Monarch title with a selection » more
- Police Welfare Association supports education Fifty-six children who are sons and daughters of police officers were recipients of back to school » more
- Postponement of Panaroma It was a disappointing night for the nation’s steel orchestras as the 2019 national panorama competition scheduled for » more
- St. David takes first place in National Queen Show Seven beauties representing the various parishes in Grenada, Carriacou & Petite » more
- Police arrest four for drugs The Drug Squad of the Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) have carried out another successful raid which resulted in the » more
- Panmen to boycott Panorama on Saturday By Carrema Lewis The Grenada Steel Band Association (GSBA) has taken a decision to boycott the shifting of » more
- First Calypso Crown for Rootsman Kelly It was a surprise on Dimanche Gras night when the coveted 2017 national calypso monarch title was awarded » more
- Supporting Grenada’s Carnival Culture for the Future Brimming with pageantry and artistic expression linked to Grenada’s, African, French, » more
- RGPF: Drop in crime rate The Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) has reported a reduction in crimes committed in the country during the first half of » more