Police are baffled over the reason why a school teacher would have wanted to take her own life last Sunday.
THE NEW TODAY Newspaper has been reliably informed that the 26-year old female teacher is warded at the General Hospital in St. George’s after consuming a non-prescribed substance.
An authoritative source said the young lady who resides at Mont Toute, St. George’s allegedly mixed sevins powder in a glass that contained rum and coca-cola.
The source who does not wish to be identified said the school teacher confessed to the medical staff at the hospital that after mixing the substance with the rum and coke she drank two mouthfuls.
Shortly after consuming the mixture the Mont Toute resident started experiencing blurriness in her vision and was rushed to the hospital after calling out for help.
The source said no reason was given for the schoolteacher’s action.
Police are treating the matter as a case of attempted suicide. It is not clear whether the police might press charges against the individual.
Earlier this year another schoolteacher who resides at Mt. Carmel, St. Andrew’s attempted to take her life.
The 19-year old teacher tried to commit suicide by using a multi-coloured bedspread, which she tied to the roof of the house.
- Conception Dance Theatre Goes to Carifesta Immediately following Spicemas, a contingent of performers from Grenada will be traveling to Barbados to » more
- Resignation of Kirk Seetahal? Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Spicemas Corporation (SMC), Kirk Seetahal has remained tight-lipped about » more
- Patient dies at Medical Station Patients who were at the Health Centre in the town of St. George were asked to leave the building as one man was » more
- $200, 000 BAIL FOR BOAT CAPTAIN ON DRUG CHARGES The St. George’s Magistrate Court has granted $200, 000 bail to 59-year-old, Sea Captain, Charles » more
- Magistrate imposes strict curfew on 19-year-old A 19-year-old boy, who is facing an indictable grievous harm charge has been placed on a curfew to » more
- Terra Caribbean moves to a brand new home Real Estate company, Terra Caribbean has launched The Red Book Grenada from its new office location at » more
- Rainbow City Mas Promoters dominate 2017 CCF The Rainbow City Mas Promoters out of the big parish of St. Andrew have captured all the top titles in » more
- Troubled IMANIS Junior Minister for Youth and Religious Affairs, Senator Pamela Moses has disclosed that thirty-three (33) young persons under the » more
- New Junior Calypso Monarch crowned It was a 1-2-3 for the newly created village of Lacalome in St. David as the first three spots in the Clear » more
- PARENTS REFUTE CLAIMS OF SUICIDE The parents of 14-year-old Liandra John of Grand Bacolet in St. Andrew has utterly dismissed claims that she may » more
- Repeat firearm offender fined $15, 000 Chief Magistrate Her Honor Tamara Gill, who presides over the St. George’s No. 1 Magistrate’s Court has » more
- NYPD Grenadian Officers make donation to RGPF The Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) will be the recipient of about 100 bullet proof vests through » more