Police have made a major drug burst in Cherry Hill, St. George’s – an area known for the use of the illegal substance.
A team of police officers from the Drug Squad and the Rapid Response Unit of the Royal Grenada Police Force, last week Thursday, confiscated three fine bags containing a large quantity of marijuana on a beach in the area.
The 105 pounds of drugs, with an estimated street value of $235,000.00, were taken in as soon as it was being landed by a fishing boat.
Myron Lett, a 30-year old fisherman who was allegedly receiving the marijuana was detained by the policemen engaged in the operation.
The lawmen immediately went after another man, 28-year old Shane Fletcher who was trying to escape with the boat.
The two fishermen were charged with possession of illegal drugs and trafficking and appeared before Chief Magistrate Tamara Gill at the St. George’s Number One Magistrate’s Court on Monday and were each granted bail in the sum of $120,000.00 with two sureties.
Magistrate Gill ordered the Cherry Hill residents to surrender all their travel documents, and to report to the Central Police Station on the Carenage every Monday and Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The suspects are being represented by attorney-at-law, Peter David who has returned to private practice after deciding to quit the Tillman Thomas-led National Democratic Congress (NDC) government as its Minister of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Steele’s Auto Supplies Co. Ltd. launches Jeep brand The Jeep brand of vehicle is the newest addition to the fleet of vehicles run by the » more
- DPP Nelson continues PI hearing against Insp. Clev Antoine The highly anticipated court matter into allegations of sexual assault against suspended » more
- HOT POLITICAL ISSUE – Relocation of the Grand Anse Jetty The relocation of the Grand Anse jetty is turning into a hot political issue with general » more
- Mixed performance by government on fiscal responsibility The Richard Duncan-led Fiscal Responsibility Committee set up by the ruling New National » more
- Local winner in Campari Trinidad carnival promotion Cherrelle Bain is the Grenada winner of the Campari promotional campaign – Win a Trip to » more
- Grenada government loses appeal in Rex Grenadian expropriation case The Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court of Appeal has stalled the Keith Mitchell-led » more
- Rae Roberts: Workers need to be careful with the “election pie” on offer Former Labour Senator, Raymond Roberts, has exhorted workers on the » more
- An above average 2017 for RGPF The Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) has reported an above average year for Homicides in 2017 with eleven (11) » more
- Prime Minister Mitchell gives strong hint about election date Amidst calls by supporters of the ruling New National Party (NNP) for Prime Minister » more
- Clouden raises concerns over limited beach access Outspoken attorney-at-law, Anselm Clouden is calling for appropriate legislation to be passed in » more
- Sexual Assault on 6-year-old Girl An Apres Toute man, who is considered to be mentally unstable has been picked up by police for questioning in » more
- POLICE FORCE LEFT EMBARRASSED Teenager Charged With Impersonating a Police Officer And Working for Weeks Undetected at South St George Police » more